In accordance with the provisions of Chapter 52.26.250 revised code of Washington, property owners have the opportunity to appeal the calculation of the benefit charge.
The appeal deadline was 4:30 p.m. on February 8, 2017.
- File the Appeal: File a “Petition for Adjustment of the Benefit Charge Assessment”. Attach maps, pictures, letters, or other data to substantiate the appeal.
Methods for filing:
- Fill out the form online and submit it electronically
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail or deliver it to:
- Renton Regional Fire Authority Appeals
- 1055 S. Grady Way
- Renton, WA 98057
- Call the RFA administrative office at (425) 430-7000 and a representative will assist you with filing the appeal over the phone.
- Receive Receipt: You will receive a “Notification of Receipt of Benefit Charge Appeal” indicating that the “Petition for Adjustment of the Benefit Charge” has been received and is presently under review.
- Receive Review Notice: When your appeal has been reviewed, you will receive a “Letter of Administrative Review” indicating that the “Petition for Adjustment of the Benefit Charge Assessment” has been administratively reviewed and a determination has been made.
- Further Appeal, if necessary: If you disagree with this Administrative Review, respond in writing by Wednesday, February 20, 2017 and your request for adjustment will be docketed with the Renton Regional Fire Authority Benefit Charge Appeal Board. Be sure to include your name, parcel number, and property address in your communication.
- Attend a Hearing: All adjustments and appeals are presented to the RFA Hearing Board. Note: Your presence at the hearing is optional and your appeal will be considered with or without your attendance. If you choose to attend the hearing, there are two available dates:
- Monday, February 27, 10:00 a.m., Fire Station 13 (18002 108th S.E., Renton, WA)
- Wednesday, March 8, 5:00 p.m., Fire Station 13 (18002 108th S.E., Renton, WA)
- (The first hearing is on Monday, February 27 at 10:00 a.m. After appeals from this meeting have been heard, the hearing will be suspended and reopened on Wednesday, March 8 at 5:00 p.m. The hearing process will close on Monday, March 13 with the final ruling on appeals by the Governing Board).
- Adjustments Exported: After the final ruling on the appeals occur, the RFA will export all adjustments to King County.
Please call us at (425) 430-7000 or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.